Re: DesignWare USB OTG dwc_otg issues with high-speed hubs

Hi Felipe,

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 10:39:52PM +0300, Felipe Balbi wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 10:35:20PM +0400, Paul Fertser wrote:
> > I'm using an RT3052F device (DIR-620 SOHO wifi router) with current
> > OpenWrt trunk and its USB port is handled by the dwc_otg driver. The
> > source is available from their repository:
> > https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/trunk/target/linux/ramips/files/drivers/usb/dwc_otg
>
> there's no such driver in mainline kernel. We cannot support you. You
> need to ask help from openwrt project.

Well, sorry, but i'm not sure that's entirely correct. People involved
in writing and using that driver are quite possibly hanging around
here. I know this is not an upstream driver (in fact it was ported
from Ralink's SDK by Layne Edwards) and i understand that vendor
drivers usually suck big time.

OTOH, vendor drivers are quite often a valuable source of the
information and having a link to a version that works on current
kernels might be beneficial as one can do a side-by-side comparison
and testing.

Of course i would appreciate someone sharing his ideas about another,
proper upstream driver that is usable on an RT3052 target.

I hope i put it clearly enough so that a person not interested in
non-upstream code won't waste his time reading this thread. I hope
this is enough of an excuse for CCing the list. If not, please let me
know.

mailto:fercerpav@xxxxxxxxx