Re: g_serial and cdc_acm communications

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 02:34:33PM +0000, Dipen Patel wrote:
> Can anyone help me with this? How my application should detect device
> plugout/plugin and SET_CONFIGURATION events?
>
> Is my current solution of generating input event on SET_CONFIGURATION call for
> application to close and reopen device node is Okay?
>
> Appreciate any help on this.

your application shouldn't care if it's running on gserial or a real
UART port. You should stick to what a serial port gives you. In case of
gserial, you should always open the port and if the user detaches the
cable, you will receive a SIGHUP on your serial port.

This will also happen if the host changes configuration, btw.

--
balbi