Re: g_serial and cdc_acm communications

Hi,

However I have another problem. My host application calls
SET_CONFIGURATION everytime it starts. On device side my application
is running and waiting for data from Host. But whenever set config
is called serial gadget driver (from composite.c) does soft reset and
I think new port number is generated. Because of this my device
application will not receive data until I close and reopen device node
(/dev/ttyGS0).

How to let device side application know that set_config is called and
it needs to reopen device node?

For the time being I have implemented work around but it may not be
good workaround. In cdev structure I have added input dev and whenever
set_config is called I generate input event at the end of function. My
application looks for this event and if received it reinitializes device.

Regards,
Dipen Patel