Re: Problems with the Nikon D800 and USB3

On 07/13/2012 12:26 AM, Richard Adams wrote:
Hi,

I've recently been doing some development work with the latest Linux
Kernel (3.4&  3.5rc6) and I'm experiencing problems with USB3 on both.

I've been in conversation with the developers at gphoto and they've
directed me to you?

1) The problem occurs when I plug in the Nikon D800 in to any of my USB3 ports
2) Ubuntu fails to mount the device
3) gphoto can issue a single command to the camera before it locks.

The gphoto forum thread is below with more details is below:

http://old.nabble.com/NikonD800-locks-after-first-access.-Log-included.-to34032300.html#a34034687

If I can provide any more information or you can advise in any way
that would be fantastic!

Ive attached the kernel log file to this mail.

The device is disconnected just after hub_port_init(). I don't know why. Can you post a dmesg with CONFIG_USB_XHCI_HCD_DEBUGGING enabled?

Thanks,
Andiry