Re: xhci_hcd: external drive not initialised if already connected during restart or cold boot

On 07/11/2012 01:56 AM, Matt wrote:
Lee Harris<lee.r.harris@...>  writes:

Hi Sarah

Whenever I restart or coldboot, my external drive (3.5 sata in a USB3
enclosure) is not detected / initialised correctly. fdisk -l does not
show the drive at all.
I have found that I have to:
turn it off ( or disconnect the usb cable)
modprobe -r xhci_hcd
modprobe xhci_hcd
and then turn it on. It is then found and initialised.

I'm having this same issue.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Can you post the bootup dmesg with device connected and CONFIG_USB_DEBUG and CONFIG_USB_XHCI_HCD_DEBUGGING enabled?

Thanks,
Andiry