[RFC 0/3] change qmi_wwan probe to always match on control interface

So how about something like this?  It really simplifies the probing
logic in all affected drivers, including indirectly affected drivers
like cdc-ether.

I am aware that the last patch is too large.  I couldn't help refactoring
the code somewhat to share subdriver registration code.  Will most likely
have to split that up before real submission.

But I'd appreciate comments on this at this point anyway.  And do note
that this is not so much about the currently supported devices, as those
not supported mainly because we don't know how to match the data
interface

Bjørn Mork (3):
  USB: cdc-wdm: QMI devices are now handled by qmi_wwan
  net: qmi_wwan: Define a struct for driver specific state
  net: qmi_wwan: Bind to both control and data interface

 drivers/usb/class/cdc-wdm.c |   16 ---

1.7.10