Re: Device Enumeration Failure

On 05/27/2012 03:39 AM, Anil Nair wrote:
Hello Sir,Gerhard

On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 1:56 AM, Gerhard Thomas
<gerhardthomas123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
when I do 'echo auto>  control' everything seems to work just fine. It is
almost like in windows then meaning that after 2 seconds of idle the touch
screen takes a short time to reactivate again. So I assume it is put to
sleep after two seconds. (the file autosuspend_delay_ms) confirms the 2
seconds).
Did you try this by enabling Smartcharge in BIOS or by disabling it?
If smart charge is enabled linux can't even see the device so I wouldn't be able to echo something to its control file. So that is to say smartcharge is disabled when I do this.
it's still strange that the touch screen randomly disconnects after some
amount of time

45536 May 26 11:52:51 el kernel: [ 5005.444637] usb 2-1.6: USB disconnect,
device number 4
Strange??? The touchscreen controller is of Gigabyte rite?

In windows it says 'gigabyte touchscreen' but the vendor id 2087 shows that it was created by cando
I've done the following to be notified the next time that happens

false;
while test $? -ne 0;
do
    sleep 2;
    sudo dmesg -c | grep discon;
done;
xmessage disconnect;
Hey nice work there. :). All we can do is try different solutions and
applying it, I don't known if i am helping or not. :(, If my
recommendations are frustrating you then i am sorry. :). I learned a
lot from this. :). Thanks. :). Anyways communications will continue as
usual. :).
I am actually very happy that someone cares. If it wasn't for you guys I probably would have given up two weeks ago. I am very thankful for that support.

It still puzzles me why this smartcharge has such a big influence but it doesn't really matter. After all, it works. The only thing that really remains to be fixed is that the touch screen disconnects after some time. This is actually a great opportunity to figure out what power events make it connect and disconnect but for now I am too busy to try to keep fixing that problem.