Re: Device Enumeration Failure

You should use Reply-To-All so that messages like this get sent to the
mailing list as well as to me.

On Mon, 14 May 2012, Gerhard Thomas wrote:

> Windows indicates that the touchscreen is connected to the same host
> controller as the USB Wheel mouse and the Card reader so that is usb2.
>
> Unfortunately I can't unplug the touchscreen because it is attached to
> the notebook. And opening the notebook would probably void the warranty.

The next thing you should do is collect a usbmon trace for bus 2 (see
the instructions in Documentation/usb/usbmon.txt).  Start the usbmon
trace, then do:

	echo 2-1:1.0 >/sys/bus/usb/drivers/hub/unbind
	echo 2-1:1.0 >/sys/bus/usb/drivers/hub/bind

and then stop the usbmon trace.  Post what you get along with the dmesg
log during this test.

Alan Stern