Re: USB headset mic: slightly "robotic" voice when plugged into a usb 3.0 port

On Tue, 8 May 2012, Sergio Correia wrote:

> the output from USBmon for both EHCI and xHCI is available at:
> http://www.uece.net/misc/usb-headset-problem/usbmon-usb2-bus2-dev6.txt
> http://www.uece.net/misc/usb-headset-problem/usbmon-usb3-bus3-dev5.txt

It's notable that the bus-2 trace (which I presume is the one using
EHCI) shows that even though each packet requested 96 bytes of data,
the device sent only 88 or 90 bytes.  By contrast, the bus-3 trace
(xHCI) shows that each packet contained 96 bytes.  We should expect the
two traces not to differ in this way.

This may be a bug in the xhci-hcd driver -- it may say it got more
bytes than actually were received.

Alan Stern