Re: USB headset mic: slightly "robotic" voice when plugged into a usb 3.0 port

Hi Karl,

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 4:30 AM, Karl Kiniger <karl.kiniger@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Sat 120505, Sergio Correia wrote:
>> Hello folks,
>>
>> when I use the microphone of my Logitech headset plugged into a USB
>> 3.0 port I get a robotic-like voice; if I plug it into a USB 2.0 port,
>> it works normally.
>
> the usb 3.0 file  must be played at about 10 percent
> higher speed (e.g. mplayer -speed 1.10) to get the same pitch as the
> usb 2 file.
>
> just an additional hint.

thanks for the hint. Indeed, that seems to be the problem, or related
to it, at least. Sarah wondered whether I am getting different
sampling rates under xHCI and EHCI.
Do you have any further ideas to help find the cause of this?

thank you,
Sergio