Re: Fwd: Seeking support to get USB Host Interface (Mass Storage) working with Linux 2.6.35

Dear Zoran / Alan,

Thanks for your continous help.

Sorry for a late response.

I am able to use my mas storage device with my board.
And this worked after I enabled all the codepage support and some architecture file changes related to my USB device configuration.

But, now I have another issue, that is I have a USB-SATA bridge on my board which connects to the same USB Host port through a software DEMUX switch and it interfaces to normal SATA HDD.

But, here I am able to get the USB-SATA bridge detected, but not the Hard disk connected to it. The Hard Disk has a single partition of 1GB FAT32 formatted.

Below is the console message related to the Hard disk:
usb 1-2: New USB device found, idVendor=04c5, idProduct=2026
usb 1-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
usb 1-2: Product: FUJITSU MB86C31
usb 1-2: Manufacturer: FUJITSU
usb 1-2: SerialNumber: 0000000000000001
scsi0 : usb-storage 1-2:1.0
scsi 0:0:0:0: Direct-Access PQ: 0 ANSI: 5
sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI removable disk
And when I manually create a node and try to mount it, it says No Medium found:
# /busybox mknod /dev/sda1 b 8 1
# mkdir /mnt/usb/
# mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/usb/
mount: No medium found

So, do you think any other configurations I need to take care for getting this functionality working.

Please help me with regards to this.

Thanks & Rregards,
Umakanta Patro