Re: Designware USB OTG driver upstream questions

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 02:54:19AM +0000, thloh85 wrote:
> Greg KH <greg@...> writes:
>

> > On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 10:16:42AM +0800, Tien Hock Loh wrote:
> > > I've attached the patch grabbed from ozlabs.org. The patches are
> > > created by APM - Marri, Rup, Mark, etc. Credit goes to them, not me.
> > >
> > > If the patch is still possibly integrated, we'll work with APM to see
> > > how we can contribute.  Else we'll evaluate the possibility of
> > > rewriting the code. Please advice.
> >
> > These patches are not in mergable state, for the very least, they have
> > no information as to what they do, who wrote them, and all the other
> > meta-data we need to be able to read them.
>
> Hi Greg,
>
> Sorry for the late reply. The patch was obtained from these link:
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/119923/
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/119924/
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/119925/
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/119925/
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/119926/
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/119927/
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/119928/
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/119929/
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/119930/
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/119931/
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/119932/
>
> Are the meta-data in place? I'm still new to kernel patch, so please let me know
> if there's anymore things you need. Please advice on the work needed (as to
> rewrite, or to refactor).

Please read the file, Documentation/SubmittingPatches for what is needed
to be able to create a proper patch (subject, author, what it does,
signed-off-by, etc...)

I think others have already stated what needs to be done to this code
before it can be accepted.

thanks,

greg k-h