Re: UAS support for hcd without sg support

On Mon, 9 Jan 2012, Felipe Balbi wrote:

> > However, keep in mind that not all HCDs need to support UAS.  Unless
> > somebody makes a device with UAS and without BOT, we afford to make UAS
> > unavailable on host controllers without SG support -- expecially if
> > those controllers can't go any faster than full speed anyway.
>
> MUSB can go up to highspeed and it won't support SGs easily. At least
> not with the internal Inventra DMA Engine.

Okay, so there are some hardware setups that won't go as fast as they
might.  The lossage isn't all that great, because even at high speed
UAS isn't that much faster than BOT.

(Although, I admit, it would be nice to have some benchmark figures to
back up this claim...)

Alan Stern