Re: USBid/interfaces for Huawei E398

Alex Hermann <alex-lists@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> On Tuesday 13 December 2011, Bjørn Mork wrote:
>
>> I just posted my first draft of a working CDC ECM based driver with QMI
>> support.  It's not very polished, and I assume that there will be
>> hundreds of bugs to fix before it can go anywhere, but if you're brave
>> you can try combining the QMI support from it with the cdc_ncm.  That
>> might do it.
>
> I really appreciate your effort to get these devices properly supported, but
> i'm just a user trying to get his previously working modem back into a
> working state.

So am I.  Really.  Which is why I'm sure that all those knowing either
then networking or usb subsystem are shuddering when looking at the code
I posted.  It's working concept code, but needing a lot of cleanup which
I don't think I will be able to do.

> I really know next to nothing about USB nor HSPA/LTE nor
> CDC/NCM. I'm able to and willing to test provided drivers and patches, I can
> even do some trivial patches like adding usbids/interfaces, but "try
> combining the QMI support from it with the cdc_ncm" is way out of my league,
> sorry.

Well, it's fun getting things to work.  If we can get it to work
*better* than with the manufacturer's Windows-driver, then even more fun
:-)

Bjørn