Re: Σχετ: Getting spammed by "hub 2-1:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 6"

On Thu, 7 Jul 2011, Francis Turkey wrote:

> Hi! Thanks for the help!
>
> >What HC driver modules are loaded in your kernel - just
> > ehci_hcd or ehci_hcd and uhci_hcd or ohci_hcd.
>
> Just ehci_hcd.
>
> > 1.6?� How many CPU cores do you have and which
>
> > processes make it busy?� I'dguess it's khubd ans possibly
>
> > some other ones.
>
> Hm. top reports normal CPU usage (0.1%) and kernel threads like khubd seem calm.
> I'm not sure what's happening.
> I have 2 cores.

That load average may be caused by something else then.

> > Can you post a usbmon trace for bus 2 showing this activity?�
> > Instructions are in Documentation/usb/usbmon.txt.
>

> Sure!
> I'll put it here: http://pastebin.com/scv5K75t

The trace seems to indicate that the on-board "rate matching" hub isn't
working right.  Do you know if there's any USB device plugged into the
malfunctioning port?  For example, if you unplug any of your USB
devices, do the messages stop?  Or is there some USB device that no
longer appears in the system even though it used to appear before these
messages started up?

One thing you might try -- I doubt it will help but you never know --
is to turn off the hub LED display:

	echo 0 >/sys/module/usbcore/parameters/blinkenlights

(or prevent the blinkenlights module parameter from being turned on in
the first place).

If this can't be traced down to a particular device then it's almost
certainly a hardware failure in the internal hub.

Alan Stern