Re: USB with SDHC card not recognized in 2.6.39 and 3.0rc4

While investigating the language and codepage settings I ran into some issues
that I would like to explore further before submitting a report.
Please give me a day or two more before responding. You know, rc5 came out and
that dang dayjob keeps getting in the way.

In my preliminary findings it does seem that I am not satisfied with the
connection eg. between the following CONFIG flags, as it doesn't seem neither
coherent nor intuitive wrt. to mounting USB/Flash Card volumes:

CONFIG_NLS_DEFAULT
CONFIG_NLS_CODEPAGE_437
CONFIG_NLS_CODEPAGE_850
CONFIG_NLS_CODEPAGE_865
CONFIG_NLS_ASCII
CONFIG_FAT_DEFAULT_IOCHARSET

But then who am I, a poor user :-)

I will let you know what I find (using usbmon and the other commands you showed
me) and I hope it will be useful.
Do you prefer that I continue with rc4, or would you rather prefer rc5, as it
has now come out? Either one is OK for me.

Best regards,
Peter