RE: [RFT v2 2/2] USB: Free bandwidth when usb_disable_device is called.

> On Wed, 15 Jun 2011, Tanya Brokhman wrote:
>
> > Hi Sarah
> >
> > I've thought of a way to eliminate UAS gadget (with its bugs :) )
> from the
> > equation: g_zero gadget also has 2 configurations, one for
> source/sink and
> > one for loopback. So I tried the userspace-change-configuration on
> g_zero
> > and it worked. Both for HS and SS connections. The only difference
> between
> > the 2 tests is that there was no data transfers with g_zero prior to
> > configuration change or that were interrupted by it.
> > In order to be confident that the issue is fixed I would like to
> simulate
> > the same behavior as with the UAS gadget. Meaning, initiate data
> transfer
> > for g_zero and interrupt it in the middle with configuration change.
> The
> > only problem is I'm not sure how to do that...
> > Alan - perhaps you can guide me how to do that?
>
> The only driver meant to work with g_zero is the usbtest driver.
> Unfortunately it doesn't allow you switch configurations while a test
> is running, because it holds the device lock during each test.
>
> Why not use g_file_storage or g_mass_storage for your tests?  You
> shouldn't have much trouble adding the appropriate SuperSpeed
> descriptors (one bulk-IN and one bulk-OUT endpoint).

I already have SS descriptors for f_mass_storage. But a "clean"
f_mass_storage has only 1 configuration so it's no use to me. With the UAS
changes the g_mass_storage gadget has 2 configs but I suspect that there are
bugs in the UAS code so I wanted to eliminate that from the testing setup.

Thanks,
Tanya Brokhman
---
Sent by an consultant of the Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.