RE: [RFT v2 2/2] USB: Free bandwidth when usb_disable_device is called.

On Wed, 15 Jun 2011, Tanya Brokhman wrote:

> Hi Sarah
>
> I've thought of a way to eliminate UAS gadget (with its bugs :) ) from the
> equation: g_zero gadget also has 2 configurations, one for source/sink and
> one for loopback. So I tried the userspace-change-configuration on g_zero
> and it worked. Both for HS and SS connections. The only difference between
> the 2 tests is that there was no data transfers with g_zero prior to
> configuration change or that were interrupted by it.
> In order to be confident that the issue is fixed I would like to simulate
> the same behavior as with the UAS gadget. Meaning, initiate data transfer
> for g_zero and interrupt it in the middle with configuration change. The
> only problem is I'm not sure how to do that...
> Alan - perhaps you can guide me how to do that?

The only driver meant to work with g_zero is the usbtest driver.
Unfortunately it doesn't allow you switch configurations while a test
is running, because it holds the device lock during each test.

Why not use g_file_storage or g_mass_storage for your tests?  You
shouldn't have much trouble adding the appropriate SuperSpeed
descriptors (one bulk-IN and one bulk-OUT endpoint).

Alan Stern