Re: xhci chip support

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 04:58:50PM -0700, Sarah Sharp wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 10:17:05PM +0200, Francesco Castelli wrote:
> > Hi Sarah,
> >
> > many thanks for your answer, not sure about that,
> > but it seems that you have aimed the spotlight in the correct direction:
> >
> > setting CONFIG_PCI_DEBUG=y I found out that the crash
> > is due to an ARM processor fault,
> > namely, a data abort due to a PCI access failure:

data abort ? Sounds like some necessary clocks where turned off. Check
if all clocks you need are turned on before you do the access.

> > this happens when, in the very first lines of xhci_event_ring_work(),
> > your code references the status register
> > within the XHCI-HCD operational registers set
> >
> > therefore, we definitely have no wandering pointers:
> > most likely, the PCIe transaction for accessing that register
> > went bad, for some reason, either hardware- or driver-related:
> > the ti816x_pcie.c driver module is maintained directly from TI,

What is this ti816x_pcie.c ? Is it a driver for the PCIe controller on
the DM816x processor family ? That should've been pushed to mainline.

Do you have any pointers for the driver ?

> > so I have to refer to TI folks directly...
>
> I see.  Would that be Felipe's PCI glue layer for the OMAP5 processor?
> Or is this a different TI USB3 evaluation board?

This is a completely different board :-) But if this one has USB3 on a
PCIe bus, then xhci-pci.c should be used :-)

--
balbi