Re: Linux UVC driver can not handle urb_submit error

Dear Alan,

My comment below:

2011/6/2 Alan Stern <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>> > In a PC, the time precision is between 1 and 10 ms per tick.  But PCs
>> > also have high-precision timers available; apparently your platform
>> > does not.  Without high-precision timestamps, there's no way to tell
>> > what's causing your latencies to be so large.
>>

>> soho:????
>
> If your usbmon timestamps were accurate down to microseconds, I could
> tell whether the latency was caused by ehci-hcd, by uvcvideo, or by
> something else.

Soho:we have sent you the log from ther other e-mail. you should get
that. Could you kindly help to confirm the error condition? thank you
very much!!!

>> > One other thing you can try: Increase UVC_MAX_PACKETS to 100.
>>
>> soho: we will try it later. Could you explation the consideration
>> about increase uvc max packet?
>
> With UCV_MAX_PACKETS set to 32, you get an interrupt and have to submit
> a new URB every 4 us.  That's a pretty high rate.  With UVC_MAX_PACKETS
> set to 100, an interrupt will occur every 12.5 us.  The timing
> requirements will be less strict and the overhead of interrupt handling
> will be reduced.
>
> Alan Stern

Soho: we have do the verification with large UVC_MAX_PACKETS. it seem
better for the faster platform.
In the faster platform , we do not see submit urb error in a few minutes.
But in another platfrom , that is slower, the modification of
UVC_MAX_PACKETS is no any effect. the problem is still exist. Our
target is to see the cause in slower platform and fixed it if
passible.One more question:
We take the observation:
if we suspected UVC complete function (or UVC device driver is cause).
in theory, the urb_actual_length is not fixed, sometimes is shorter
and sometimes is longer. So, the time for decode is sometimes is
shorter and sometimes is longer. usb_submit_urb is handle by usb code
and ehci host driver. Then the time frame for re-submit urb to ehci
host is sometimes earlier and sometimes later, right?
is there any time inaccuracy in ehci host?