Re: Linux UVC driver can not handle urb_submit error

On Thu, 2 Jun 2011, Soho Soho123 wrote:

> >> Soho: in our platform the time precision is 10ms per tick .
> >
> > In a PC, the time precision is between 1 and 10 ms per tick.  But PCs
> > also have high-precision timers available; apparently your platform
> > does not.  Without high-precision timestamps, there's no way to tell
> > what's causing your latencies to be so large.
>

> soho:????

If your usbmon timestamps were accurate down to microseconds, I could
tell whether the latency was caused by ehci-hcd, by uvcvideo, or by
something else.

> > One other thing you can try: Increase UVC_MAX_PACKETS to 100.
>
> soho: we will try it later. Could you explation the consideration
> about increase uvc max packet?

With UCV_MAX_PACKETS set to 32, you get an interrupt and have to submit
a new URB every 4 us.  That's a pretty high rate.  With UVC_MAX_PACKETS
set to 100, an interrupt will occur every 12.5 us.  The timing
requirements will be less strict and the overhead of interrupt handling
will be reduced.

Alan Stern