Re: Potential BUG in v2.6.39

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 5:38 PM, Tanya Brokhman <tlinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Jassi
>
> I can't comment which is the best solution since I'm not familiar with that part of the kernel code. I just applied Huajuns fix and verified that dummy_hcd was working as expected.
> Please note that before applying the fix most likely that more tests are needed (besides dummy_hcd being functional).

Well neither do I know much about FS related stuff. But here I think
it's more of sudoku than kernel hacking.
The dput function in fs/dcache.c guards for an 'extra' call by
checking against the counter.
Clearly, dput gets called twice from usbfs_rmdir if
usbfs_empty(dentry) evaluates true.
So we need to drop one call. And discarding the one inside the if
clause ensures dput is called exactly once.

Of course, I welcome anyone telling me that there is something more
serious than sudoku involved here :)