Re: [BUG] OHCI crash when handover fails

On Fri, 27 May 2011, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> On Fri, 2011-05-27 at 09:35 +0800, Greg KH wrote:
> > Nothing has changed in usbfs in a very long time, and the USB big
> > merge
> > went into Linus's tree a few days ago, so this is probably something
> > else.
> >
> > bisection would be best to help you out here.
>
> Ok, I was afraid of that. This specific system is problematic as it
> requires adding/rebasing a whole pile of patches that I'm still writing
> on top of upstream :-)
>
> I'll see if I can do a hack to simulate the handover failure on a normal
> system to reproduce / bisect.

Easily done, just put

	return -EBUSY;

near the start of ohci-hcd.c:ohci_init().  It's worth noting that this
entire region of code can probably be removed -- it affects only
non-PCI controllers and none (or almost none?) of them have a BIOS that
needs to be kicked off.

Alan Stern