Re: Questions about USB core reset behavior

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011, Alan Stern wrote:

> > assume that means we won't clear the TT buffer for the EHCI roothub,
> > since this platform has a rate matching hub?
>
> On the platform you're talking about, the root hub does not have a TT.
> On the other hand, we _will_ clear the TT buffers in the rate-matching
> hub when they need it.

BTW, why does Intel call it a "rate-matching" hub?  In what sense does
it match rates?

Do they mean that it can match the high-speed upstream connection to
the host controller with the downstream connection to a full- or
low-speed device?  And if they do, why mention it specially?  The
USB-2.0 specification requires all high-speed hubs to be capable of
doing this.

Alan Stern