Re: Re: USB HUB issue

Hi,

> > Most likely the root cause is a hardware bug in the Atmel G45.
> > However the only way to prove this would be to replace the G45 with a
> > different kind of system.

I think I found something on this :

The G45 has a 2 port USB host and 1 USB device connection.
The device connection gets enabled by setting EN_UDPHS.

Linux reports at startup :
hub 1-0:1.0: 2 ports detected.

Once Linux is started I start my gadget device driver. This enabled USB device
and I suppose it would disable port 2. Starting USB device earlier than host
doesn't change anything.

Port 1 is in use, port 2 is not. It is at least not accessible from outside
the G45. I don't see how to disable it in the G45 spec though. It just speaks
about enabling USB device. Anyway, if it's still active in the G45 but not
accessible from outside I guess it could be considered a bug in the hardware.

Is there a way to disable port2 in Linux ?

While I communicate over the USB device, I receive the following :

hub 1-0:1.0: state 7 ports 2 chg 0000 evt 0004
atmel-ehci atmel-ehci: GetStatus port 2 status 001803 POWER sig=j CSC CONNECT
hub 1-0:1.0: port 2, status 0501, change 0001, 480 Mb/s
usb 1-2: USB disconnect, address 2
usb 1-2.1: USB disconnect, address 4
usb 1-2.1: unregistering device
usb 1-2.1: usb_disable_device nuking all URBs
usb 1-2.1: unregistering interface 1-2.1:1.0

Line 3 seems to indicate a change on a port that I don't use or I'm
misinterpreting the message.

btw, I have a way to replace my g45 by another MCU. If I get nowhere tomorrow
with this, I will order one and try it.

Best regards,
Marcel