Re: USB driver for finger print reader

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 07:56:22PM +0530, Devang S wrote:
> Hi all,
> I read "Writing a Simple USB Driver" article by Greg on Linux journal.
> That is great and really helpful.
>
> However, I want to achieve something similar but can't say exactly the
> same. I wish to only "read" signal/data from finger print reader
> hardware and store it in the file on Linux machine. I do have driver
> for Finger Print reader on Linux. Can you please help me for this?

Have you looked at the fprint library that handles usb finger print
reader devices?  Yours should already be supported there, from
userspace, no need to write a kernel driver at all.

> And other thing, on Windows platform I wish to achieve the same thing.
> What do I need to do? I can use Microsoft Visual C for that purpose.

This is a Linux list, sorry, we don't do Windows development here.  Ask
on the ntdev mailing list for that.

good luck,

greg k-h