USB driver for finger print reader

Hi all,
I read "Writing a Simple USB Driver" article by Greg on Linux journal.
That is great and really helpful.

However, I want to achieve something similar but can't say exactly the
same. I wish to only "read" signal/data from finger print reader
hardware and store it in the file on Linux machine. I do have driver
for Finger Print reader on Linux. Can you please help me for this?

And other thing, on Windows platform I wish to achieve the same thing.
What do I need to do? I can use Microsoft Visual C for that purpose.

What development (windows or Linux) will be easier?

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Thanks. Looking forward to your reply. :)

--
Thanks,
Devang S