Re: Gobi 3000

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 07:12:48AM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 08:36:14AM +0100, Oliver Neukum wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > is anybody else here looking at the Gobi 3000 driver?
> > I'd like to get it included, but right now it has some grave errors,
> > e.g. happily following the null pointer if kmalloc fails.
>
> Someone from google posted here that they were looking at it, you should
> look in the archives and ask them.

I am that someone from google. You may enjoy this:
http://git.chromium.org/gitweb/?p=kernel.git;a=tree;f=drivers/net/usb/gobi;h=7779b38f208a1c1915b6b670f6571e598d251ac5;hb=HEAD

This driver can drive both the Gobi 2000 and Gobi 3000 in a way that is
compatible with Qualcomm's closed userspace (ugh). It's been rewritten and
substantially bugfixed from upstream's version; I've been testing it for some
weeks now.

I tried upstreaming an earlier iteration of this and it fell on the floor; if
you find it desirable, I can turn it into a proper patch and send it again.

> Do you have a pointer to the source for it anywhere?
>
> thanks,
>
> greg k-h

-- elly