RE: Gadget mass storage file change detection

> Please instruct your email client to break lines after about 72
> columns.

Sorry about that.

> Correct.  What you are doing is bound to cause filesystem
> corruption.

I'm actually using this function along with a command channel
using g_multi.

Is there a way to just shut off the mass storage
part while still keeping the command channel active?

And naturally, to enable it again with a particular command?

Or, do I need to load two separate modules one with command
and mass storage and the other just command and switch
between?

>> Is there a way to notify the VFS that the file system has
>> changed?

> Not while the host is using it.  You must unmount the filesystem
> on the gadget before exporting it to the host, and don't mount
> it again until the gadget has been disconnected from the host.

Is it possible to shut down the mass storage part as stated above
and be able to unmount the file system or will it be considered in
use as long as g_multi is loaded?

>> Is there a better way to share a file system between Windows and
>> the device?

> Yes.  Don't use a mass-storage gadget.  Instead use a networking
> gadget like g_ether, and start up a filesharing server like Samba.
> After all, that's what you want -- you want to share the files.

It's desirable to have the partition appear just like a flash drive
when connected to the Windows PC with no software or drivers
having to be installed.

Clifton Barnes