Re: Usb - multi gadget --

nidhi mittal hada <nidhimittal19@...> writes:
> Step 1 :
> I acquire some data on beagle board on angstrom linux and send to SD
> Card by mounting it on Beagle Board.
> Now I unmount the card from beagle board andÂuse g_file_storage gadget
> driver to mount the sd card on host.
>
> Step2 : Now after Host acquires the data from the sd card, Then i want
> to remove driver & mount it on Beagleboard and use storage again on
> B.Board.
>
> But How will the beagle board know
> when to again unmount the gadget driver and again mount sd card on beagle
board.

> How does BB capture the eject event ?

The f_mass_storage.c (ie. Mass Storage Function) lets you register a callback
when eject request is issued.  You can make host notify the device that it's
finished by ejecting the media and handling it accordingly in your gadget.

> Is there some concept of composite driver in linux
> where mass storage class can be used along side say uart interface
> ...........using the same physical usb communication path to send
> commands from host to beagle board which can aid the above operation.

g_multi can do that.  It also has support for Ethernet.  You might, however,
get away with just the Mass Storage Function.

You might find this article helpful: <http://lwn.net/Articles/395712/>.  Parts
of it may be outdated though.

You might also give <Documentation/usb/gadget_multi.txt> and <Documentation/usb/
gadget_serial.txt> a look.