Re: DMA programming on DaVinci

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 10:43:40PM +0800, Ming Lei wrote:
> 2011/1/12 Felipe Balbi <balbi@xxxxxx>:
>
> > It's not. There should be no differences on how to program endpoint
> > WRT different DMA engines. If the highly untested diff works on DaVinci,
>
> How could see if it does work on Davinci if any test is not done? :-)
>
> Anyway, much changes introduced in the "patch" on Davinci, so we
> can't take it for granted...

you can look at the original code and look at the final code. The
original code had lots of comments which gave hints of how the end code
should look like.

If there's any obviously wrong, you don't need to test the code on HW
you already know from top to bottom. If this initial assessment from
Sergei, he thinks it might work on DaVinci, then I finish up the
patches.

Anyway, enough spending time with the fruitless dicussion.

--
balbi