Re: DMA programming on DaVinci

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 09:50:59PM +0800, Ming Lei wrote:
> > it's a "patch" yet, just asking Sergei if he thinks it'll work on
> > DaVinci.
>
> IMO, it is a very specific DMA programming issue, and better way is
> to submit a workable(at least on one DMA engine) patch, then ask guys to
> verify or think if it can work on different DMA engines(TUSB/CPPI/INVENTRA/...)

It's not. There should be no differences on how to program endpoint
WRT different DMA engines. If the highly untested diff works on DaVinci,
I'm sure it'll work on other boards, but before doing anything I'm just
asking Sergei what he thinks.

He might have some comments if he's played with DMA on DaVinci (or
OMAP-L137x) before.

And what I meant before is "it's _not_ a patch yet", hehe.

--
balbi