Re: RNDIS is always claiming interface 0 and 1 -- Any reason

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Chiranjeevi Velempati
<cvelempa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I am asking because you have to use IAD for USB composite device
>> with a CDC-ACM as one of the interface. If you are not using IAD, the
>> whole thing would not work under Windows. You also need to use
>> XP SP3 or Vista/Win7.
>
> Sorry for the confusion. We are not using CDC ACM, but we are using serial
> driver which mimics the CDC ACM class with only one interface supporting
> three endpoints. I think we need the IAD, if we are supporting more than one
> interface in the driver, Right?

Normally you do not need to use IAD for USB composite device. On the
other hand, the gadget driver may be written using IAD for USB composite
device.

>> That is kind of strange. I tried to use a real USB RNDIS device (Windows
>> CE based) under Windows 7 and it is asking for an inf file. Are you using
>> a know VID/PID for your device that Windows happen to know about
>> with the default built-in RNDIS driver?
>
> Our VID : 0x5c6 and PID is 9024. Not sure, if this is a known VID/PID for
> the default built-in RNDIS drivers.

I do not know. I only read that some mobile phones will have the generic
RNDIS driver installed under Vista/7.

--
Xiaofan