Suggestions in supporting a second instance of the Host controller driver

 Hi,

What is the best approach to support a second instance of Host controller driver, is it better to have a separate file or do it in the same file? If it a seperate file, there will be lot of duplicate code for PHY reset, LPM code and if it is the same file, debugging will be tough, because, it will be the three instances in the same file including the second instance, which I need to support.

My second instance of the host controller driver is independent of the OTG driver, where as the first instance of the Host controller is tightly coupled with OTG driver. For the first instance of the Host controller driver, starting and stopping the Host, Suspending and resuming the host is done by OTG.

Moreover, already we are supporting two instance of the Host controller driver in the same file and differentiating between these two using the PHY TYPE, because one host is connected to internal PHY and the other is connected to serial PHY?

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated?

Thanks,
Chiru.