Re: How to go about debugging usb driver.

> 2. How can I go about debugging this one ? (I do have a toolchain and source
> code)

I'd say the first thing would be to try to capture any messages the kernel sends
before rebooting (panic, ...)

Does this device have a serial port that can be used as a console?

If not you may be able to use a network console (see
Documentation/networking/netconsole.txt in the kernel sources).
That will require that you can set the kernel command line from
the bootloader and probably recompile the kernel (as it is
unlikely to have netconsole support builtin)

Good luck,

Martin