Re: [RFC] GADGET : allow to build multi udc

On Mon, 06 Sep 2010 01:44:11 +0200, David Vrabel <david.vrabel@xxxxxxx> wrote:
There might be a Wireless USB device controller and a wired one.  They
will need different gadget drivers. e.g., the WUSB UDC might have mass
storage only and the wired might have a composite gadget with mass
storage and a cable-based association gadget.

This is actually a pretty interesting problem.  It would be nicest to have
a single file-storage gadget working on both UDCs.  Interesting problem
indeed. ;)  That's probably far future though.

There's no WUSB UDC driver in the kernel yet though so this
functionality isn't needed for now.

Yep, but since Matthieu proposed to change the API I think it's best to
change it in such a way as to anticipate future needs so that the same
work (changing UDCs) won't have to be done twice.

--
Best regards,                                        _     _
+----[mina86*mina86.com]---[mina86*jabber.org]----ooO--(_)--Ooo--