Re: [RFC/PATCH] USB:gadget:introduce isochronous source sink function driver(V1)

2010/8/31 David Brownell <david-b@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> --- On Mon, 8/30/10, Ming Lei <tom.leiming@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> Hi David,
>>
>> Care to give your comments on the patch?
>
> I'm glad you tested it, i won't have time to do
> that, and didn't have time for more than cursory
> review.
>
> On first principle, I don't object; but ...
> I used gadgetfs to test ISO stuff previously.  Did
> you try that?  The test cases were different from
> the bulk/interrupt and control cases.

David, I find the iso user mode driver from the link below

            http://www.linux-usb.org/gadget/

Also I have tried it, and found both gadgetfs based iso user
mode driver and kernel f_iso driver(this patch) are used for
usbtest #15 and #16.

Below are the differences between the two drivers:

1), f_iso supports multiple interface altsetting, and iso user
mode driver only supports one altsetting;

2),f_iso supports single iso endpoint, and iso user mode driver
only supports one iso-in and one iso-OUT endpoint; seems single
iso endpoint is more popular in fact.

3),f_iso supports 8 fixed requests queued, and iso user mode
driver supports requests which count is decided by command
line parameter.

So kernel f_iso driver may meet previous iso test cases basically.

--
Lei Ming