Re: hwa-hc needs a module reference for hwa-rc, simple and dirty repair included. [was: usb deferred probing]

Please Cc me on UWB/WUSB topics, thanks.

Christopher Friedt wrote:

> Hwa-hc needs to get a module reference on hwa-rc (i.e. it should show
> up under "Used by" with lsmod). The current method breaks module
> dependencies (which is why the hwahc_create function usually dies).

There's a device dependency not a module dependency so taking a module
reference is not sufficient.

The uwb_pal_register/unregister() interfaces needs some changes.

struct uwb_pal needs radio_ready(struct uwb_pal, struct uwb_rc *) and
radio_removed(struct uwb_pal *) callbacks which are called when the
radio controller is ready/removed.  The is then used to get the radio
controller device instead of uwb_rc_get_by_grandpa().

WUSB PAL drivers will need to wait for radio_ready() before calling
usb_add_hcd().

David
--
David Vrabel, Senior Software Engineer, Drivers
CSR, Churchill House, Cambridge Business Park,  Tel: +44 (0)1223 692562