Re: EHCI fails for me with "devpath 8 ep2in 3 strikes"

On Fri, 20 Aug 2010, Dennis Nezic wrote:

> > Do other high-speed devices work okay with the SB400 controller?
>
> Yes, i've used a bunch of usb2 devices before without any problems.

I didn't ask about USB-2 devices; I asked about high-speed devices.
They aren't the same thing.

> Any suggestions on how to go about debugging this? Some kind of
> usb-wire sniffer?

That's one possibility.  High-speed USB bus analyzers tend to be
expensive.  The cheapest one I know of (the Beagle-480 from Totalphase)
costs $1200.

Besides, debugging isn't helpful if it doesn't show you how to fix the
problem.  I suspect it won't.

Another thing you could do is measure the electrical impedance of the
various USB connections on the host controller and on the device, and
compare the values with what the USB-2.0 specification says.  Sometimes
manufacturers don't use the right components.

Alan Stern