RE: Staging usb_gadget_register driver, 2.6.35

David Cross wrote:

> I can't seem to register gadgetfs with the west bridge gadget peripheral
> controller driver, being posted in the staging tree now. When the controller
> is built in the staging tree with the latest kernel, I get the error
> messages:
>
> gadgetfs: disagrees about version of symbol
> usb_gadget_unregister_driver
> gadgetfs: Unknown symbol usb_gadget_unregister_driver (err -22)
>
> Is this the expected behavior for a staging driver? Any known workaround? I
> was not able to find much information about this from the mailing lists
> other than "build against the right kernel", which of course I am doing.
>
> This did not occur when the driver was built in the 2.6.29 tree, outside of
> the staging are. Any feedback on this would be appreciated.

Are you sure you're trying to load modules compiled against the same
kernel that you're running?

What happens if you build-in the gadget driver into the kernel?

Care to post your .config file? Or alternatively, what do you have
under Device Drivers -> USB Support -> USB Gadget Support ->
USB Peripheral Controller?

- Anand