Staging usb_gadget_register driver, 2.6.35

I can't seem to register gadgetfs with the west bridge gadget peripheral
controller driver, being posted in the staging tree now. When the controller
is built in the staging tree with the latest kernel, I get the error
messages:

gadgetfs: disagrees about version of symbol
usb_gadget_unregister_driver
gadgetfs: Unknown symbol usb_gadget_unregister_driver (err -22)

Is this the expected behavior for a staging driver? Any known workaround? I
was not able to find much information about this from the mailing lists
other than "build against the right kernel", which of course I am doing.

This did not occur when the driver was built in the 2.6.29 tree, outside of
the staging are. Any feedback on this would be appreciated.
Thanks,
David