Re: EHCI fails for me with "devpath 8 ep2in 3 strikes"

2010/8/15 Dennis Nezic <dennisn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> It looks like that patch made things more consistently *worse* :b --
> which I guess is some kind of progress? :b In the "detected XactErr"
> messages, absolutely nothing is transferred? (ie. the ratios are always
> 0/some-low-number ... whereas before there was a lot more variety like
> 3584/4096, etc.).

Sorry, I don't have any ideas about it.

'detected XactErr' means below (from ehci 1.0 pg. 54)

Transaction Error (XactErr). Set to a one by the Host Controller during status
update in the case where the host did not receive a valid response from the
device (Timeout, CRC, Bad PID, etc.). Refer to Section 4.15.1.1 for summary of
the conditions that affect this bit. If the host controller sets this
bit to a one, then
it remains a one for the duration of the transfer.

Generally speaking, it means a hardware level issue.

The patch only adds 125us delay before transmitting data with device or
receiving CSW. I don't know why it make more worse than before, seems
it should not put any side effect on normal device.

BTW:  You try the card reader on Windows  OK, is the windows installed
on the same machine with linux?  Are you sure for the same machine and
same card reader(includes cable), only windows can work and linux does
not work?

thanks,

--
Lei Ming