Re: USB memory stick has "end_request: I/O error...."

Maulik Mankad <mankad.maulik@...> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On 8/12/10, jimmy jiang <jiangyuqing@...> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am debugging a EHCI USB driver for CI13612 chip. When I plug in a USB
> > memory stick and try to copy a 20KB file to the flash, all the stuff on
> > the memory stick got erased and finally the system shows up some error
> > message "end_request: I/O error, dev sda, sector 31160"
>
> Whick kernel version are you using?

Hi Maulik,

Thanks a lot. Here is more information:

1. Kernel is 2.6.29
2. It occurs on every copy files from other place to the USB memory flash.
3. It happens on every USB memory stick I have ever tried.
4. The issue is still there if I enable the "USB Mass Storage verbose debug"
option in kernel.
5. It is fine to Copy files from memory stick to other places.

I do not know which module cause the problem. There are SCSI,usb-storage and
USB host controller driver involved in.

Regards
Jimmy