Re: [Libusb-devel] Chapter 9 tool for linux

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 7:25 PM, Alan Stern <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You might not need a new host controller driver (depending on whether
> or not you want to continue using other USB devices normally while
> running the test -- to be safe you probably would want to avoid this),
> but you would need to make extensive changes to the USB core.  In
> particular, to the hub driver and usbfs.

correct. But that would be acceptable as long as it's somehow disabled
on the normal case ? (maybe a Kconfig option and module parameter
to usbcore ?)

> I sympathize.  However, if people have gone to all the trouble of
> writing new kernel drivers for Windows specifically for use with USBCV,
> then it seems reasonable that the same amount of kernel-intensive work
> would be required to run those tests under Linux.

As long as the patches would be accepted, I could try to cook something
over this week. Gotta read the usbcv spec more carefully to decide what
needs to be added to usbcore/hub driver, usbfs and (possibly) libusb.

--
Best Regards,

Felipe Balbi
felipebalbi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx