Re: [Libusb-devel] Chapter 9 tool for linux

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 8:10 PM, Peter Stuge <peter@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Felipe Balbi wrote:
>> As long as the patches would be accepted, I could try to cook
>> something over this week.
>
> If patches are accepted or not depends on how you do it. My gut
> feeling is that "over this week" is too short to do it the best way.

dude, an RFC just to get the feeling from the rest of the folks
can be done in even less than that if you know the code you're
dealing with.

>> Gotta read the usbcv spec more carefully to decide what needs to be
>> added to usbcore/hub driver, usbfs and (possibly) libusb.
>
> My take is that debugging on this level does not seem to fit with the
> purpose of libusb, nor usbfs. It should probably stay in the kernel
> and offer some new API.

if you say so. Of course I'll start with kernel support. And start export
it via usbfs as it's widely used. If the rest of the community decides
it's not a good approach, it can always be changed later. It's
just an RFC anyways.

--
Best Regards,

Felipe Balbi