Re: how to test USB serial device

On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 18:24:08 +0200, loody <miloody@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am poring usb serial device on my embedded system.
But I have no idea whether there exist simple test procedure on linux
for such device.
( i know there are some terminal tools, but they are too complicated
for me, since I have to spend time on cross-compiling them)

suppose I create a tty usb device node.
Can I just "echo test > device node" and I will see "test" on the receiver?

Yep, thats the basic concept of how things should work.  You can later use
some stress test to see if things seem to work,

Other then that there is the whole http://www.linux-usb.org/usbtest/ you
may want to have a look at.  Others may say more about it.

Hope this helps.

--
Best regards,                                        _     _
+----[mina86*mina86.com]---[mina86*jabber.org]----ooO--(_)--Ooo--