Re: Hercules Deejay Trim, "not enough bandwidth"

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010, Sam Gentle wrote:

> > For now, your best bet may be to force the built-in hub to connect at
> > full speed instead of high speed.  You can do this by writing the hub's
> > port number to the "companion" file in the EHCI controller's sysfs
> > directory.  For example, in your "connect" log the hub was attached to
> > port 6 on bus 1, so you could do:
> >
> >        echo 6 >/sys/bus/usb/devices/usb1/../companion
>
> Hm. There are no files named companion anywhere in my /sys/bus/usb
> tree. A post here from a year and a half ago suggests I might need to
> disable CONFIG_USB_EHCI_ROOT_HUB_TT - is that it?

No.  You definitely want to leave that option enabled.

The "companion" file isn't located under /sys/bus/usb.  You should be
able to find it under /sys/devices, but the path above should also
point to it.  (How can that be?  Answer: /sys/usb/udev/devices/usb1 is
a symbolic link pointing to a directory under /sys/devices.)

Alan Stern