Re: Configuration selection when RNDIS Host not enabled

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 15:15:08 +0200, Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

2010/7/22 Michał Nazarewicz <m.nazarewicz@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
And it seems to me that it is not
a very good idea to have a USB Composite device with multiple
configurations. What is the use case for that?

One with RNDIS another with CDC ECM?

You do not need multiple configuration, just a USB
composite device will do. You can choose to use
the CDC ECM under Linux and RNDIS under Windows.

Not sure what you mean?  You mean both interfaces in single
configuration and use only one of them?

Yes.

Linux (or other systems) with support for both would then use both
interfaces which would be awkward at best.

 A single interface that would detect if it is connected to
Linux or Windows?

Under Windows the CDC-ECM interface will probably be
un-recognized. So this may not be an idea solution.

Another idea, still with one configuration. Set the RNDIS
as the default interface and CDC-ECM as the alternative
interface. If the Linux host does not have RNDIS support,
the alternative interface can be used.

But then Linux without RNDIS support would never attach driver
to the interface.  Or am I missing something?

--
Best regards,                                        _     _
+----[mina86*mina86.com]---[mina86*jabber.org]----ooO--(_)--Ooo--