Re: Configuration selection when RNDIS Host not enabled

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 9:09 AM, Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 5:44 AM, Adam Kropelin
> <akropel1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I would propose one of two solutions: (A) Reject the configuration as
>> we do today, but only if there are additional configurations available
>> to choose from (i.e. bNumConfigurations > 1), or (B) Reject the
>> configuration only if there are no additional interfaces in the config
>> besides RNDIS.
>>
>> I lean toward (A).
>
> Why reject the configuration at all? It is just there will be no rndis
> support from the host Linux OS. But it is still a valid USB device.

Agreed. But I assume someone put this check in so their second config
(probably CDC-ECM) would be chosen on Linux in preference to
non-working RNDIS. That's reasonable, I guess, which is why I
suggested changing it to only reject the config if there are other
configs to choose from. Rejecting the one-and-only config seems silly.

--Adam