Re: Configuration selection when RNDIS Host not enabled

2010/7/22 Adam Kropelin <akropel1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> Windows would still choose the first configuration so all would be grand.
>
> Actually, Windows' enumeration of composite devices is quite broken
> (ok, maybe "not ideal") and it will in fact only select a
> configuration if a composite device has a single config. If it has
> multiple configs Windows punts and makes you install an INF to force
> it to select a config (using a registry setting of course...ugh!).
> I've been trying to find a way to work around both the Linux RNDIS
> issue and various Windows issues from the device side since I have
> control of the device firmware. At this point I'm pretty much
> convinced it's not possible to make both Linux and Windows happy at
> the same time. I'd love to be wrong about that, though.

Just for the reference.
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/usbcoreblog/archive/2010/05/19/multi-config-usb-devices-and-windows.aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff538059%28VS.85%29.aspx
(quite some typo here, especially the 50 amperes part).

>From what I read, I think you are right. And it seems to me that it is not
a very good idea to have a USB Composite device with multiple
configurations. What is the use case for that?

--
Xiaofan http://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb-win32/